You’re in and you’re now part of an elite group of students who will grow to be Canada’s future financial leaders.
As with other professional programs, the tuition fees for the AFM program increases beyond first year. You and your family should take the time to prepare a realistic budget for university. Visit our online interactive budget tool to help you plan for your education costs. Read more about the tuition fees attributed to your AFM program.
- Find out how you can finance your education in your upper-years. There are a number of upper-year scholarships as well as the RBC financing arrangement available for School of Accounting and Finance students.
- Consider submitting an application to enter the Fellowship Program. The Program has a signficant intake of students going into second year of the AFM program. Places in the Fellowship Program sometimes come available in upper-years as well.
- Each year Deloitte offers up to 8 Deloitte Tax Scholarships worth $2,500 in recognition of outstanding uWaterloo students who display the core competencies of a successful tax professional. Find out more about the scholarship and how to apply.
- Each year RBC offers Scholarship for New Canadians. RBC added 5 additional scholarships in 2008, bringing the total number to 12, giving more students the opportunity to benefit from the program.
- Each term, the SAF accepts applications for Teaching Assistant positions for a number of AFM courses. Students are prompted through Desire2Learn where the online TA Application can be accessed. While TA requirements vary from course to course, most assigned TAs are expected to assist with midterm and final exam marking. Students who wish to be considered for TA positions should be prepared to make themselves available to fulfill this duty.