Office in Hagey Hall, room 290G
Send e-mail to email@example.com
Phone 888-4567 ext.3732
All Faculty members in the School of Accounting & Finance, University of Waterloo.
Membership in the Centre is open to people interested in conducting research
and/or addressing accounting education problems.
The Centre for Accounting Research and Education (CARE) was created
in 1981. It holds symposia and conferences, offers education programs,
and publishes working papers, conference proceedings, reports and monographs.
Areas of inquiry encompass the breadth of the accounting discipline including
its many inter-disciplinary interfaces. Areas of research and education
interest include financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing
and attestation, taxation, finance and accounting information systems.
- Promote the goals and objectives of the University of Waterloo in
general and the School of Accounting & Finance in particular.
- Make known the commitment of the University of Waterloo to excellence
in the areas of fundamental and applied accounting research and accounting
- Encourage inter-disciplinary accounting research by accounting academics
and non-accounting academics--particularly faculty members from other
disciplines at the University of Waterloo whose research interests can
contribute to the solution of problems of mutual interest.
- Serve as a focus for fund raising in support of the various activities
of the Centre.
- Facilitate accounting research, applied as well as basic, by students
- Hold conferences, symposia and technical workshops.
- Publish working papers, monographs, conference proceedings and reports.
- Prepare accounting education materialscases, technical notes
and texts for use by universities and professional accounting bodies.
- Contract research related to accounting.
- Present professional development programs.
- Fund raising.